17772[Meditation Society of America] Re: Am I The Only One Who Is Going To Die?

  • walto
    Aug 5, 2011
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

      >Because you cannot possible know what is not in within the boundaries >of the known.

      Yes and no. One can know something that WAS not within the boundaries of the known, but, of course, as soon as somebody knows it, it is no longer outside the boundaries of the known.

      I admit that the phrase has a nice paradoxical ring to it, though--as did your remarks about criteria for knowledge, in which you sometimes use the term "criteria" to mean necessary conditions and other times to refer to sufficient conditions. Equivocation makes for easy concoction of paradox stews.

      Best,