17767[Meditation Society of America] Re: Am I The Only One Who Is Going To Die?

  • tarah513
    Aug 4, 2011

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

      > Notice how some are depicted as "enlightened" and masses scramble to follow their every word...even though their physical life could be miserable as hell.
      >

      > -------
      >
      > Hi Faithe,
      >
      > Interesting this comment.

      Faithe: Glad you found it "interesting".

      > In what way......is the " physical life miserable as hell" ( seemingly to an other).....of an "enlightened" object (once again labeled as so by the same other)...
      >
      > ...in any way of any relevance to enlightenment( to use the terminology in this conversation)?
      >
      > It is relevant.......if the assumption is that if an enlightened bozo cannot even make a million dollars or lead whatever is held to be a physical life not miserable as hell.....

      Faithe: Taking these comments together...what I was conveying is that judging whether or not there is a "proper" path or "blindly" following a path matters not one bit. Those (some who have offered guidance here) who follow the "guru" or "enlightened" person are prone to look at those out of the "club" as lacking something (physically or spiritually, no matter)...when in fact they have just chosen a certain path to follow, just different from others who may not even glance in their direction.

      Bob's comment on whether or not I feel a bit arrogant with my replies...no I do not...I was just stating how I viewed the prior comments...just as he probably feels no arrogance in his stance.

      > ...then the masses should run.

      Faithe: Just being part of the "mass" connotates "not running" but "following". It is the individual who can run.

      > Is that what you hold to be the criteria for concluding on the quality of ......let's say "enlightened bozoness"?

      Faithe: I hold no criteria for "enlightened people". All I am saying is that no one is NOT on a path, planned or otherwise. We do, we path, we not do, we path...get the drift?

      Nice chatting with you...and you too Bob.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic