17760Re: Am I The Only One Who Is Going To Die?

  • tarah513
    Aug 4, 2011

      Faithe: I find it a bit arrogant that one can judge another as to "being stuck on a path" or to judge that another is indeed in denial, or that they are blindly stumbling through life. The drumbeat they march to could perhaps be different and totally incomprehensible to another.

      Notice how some are depicted as "enlightened" and masses scramble to follow their every word...even though their physical life could be miserable as hell.

      I would just suggest that to judge others in their lifestyle is nonsense. The girl with her legs closed when sitting may be perfectly content doing so and would never think of sitting in way that others deem "comfortable". Perhaps she is comfortable in the present sitting mode...and then, perhaps she is not, but accepts it as such and is not prone to change it. Why judge it?

      > Yo Faithe,
      > "Perhaps" you are 100% right on target. But what
      > I see is that "Those who are in denial
      > and living fear are actually those who are seeking
      > alternate paths...". I see them as being stuck on the only
      > path they have blindly been going down, good, bad,
      > or whatever, but certainly one of unneeded suffering.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" faithearden@ wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I work with many other RN's and other educated people
      > > > who you would assume could recognize the obvious, but
      > > > all of them seem to think they are immortal.
      > >
      > > Faithe: Perhaps that is how YOU view them, but it is not how they view
      > > themselves. Another way to look at it is that just maybe these
      > > "educated" people realize that there is nothing they can do to change
      > > their pending death, and, that there is NO way to tell when it will
      > > occur, and that there is absolutely nothing they can do about it
      > > anyway...and...they are at peace with that.
      > >
      > > And
      > > > I certainly don't mean in a spiritual way. If you knew
      > > > for sure that you were driving your car towards the edge
      > > > of a cliff, wouldn't you turn the wheel and go in another
      > > > direction, or at least seek out a different map to follow?
      > >
      > > Faithe: Perhaps it is those who fear death who continually struggle
      > > (whether physically or spiritually) to find a way out of it...seeking a
      > > map that if found would do them no good for in the end we all meet that
      > > physical death and no one knows what lies beyond it...no one.
      > >

      > > > I don't know ---- maybe being in denial and letting the
      > > > fear bubble up subconsciously isn't all that bad a way
      > > > to get through the day. Nah ---I ain't buying it!
      > > > Peace and blessings,
      > > > Bob
      > > >

      > > Faithe: Those who are in denial and living fear are actually those who
      > > are seeking alternate paths, rather than living comfortably in the
      > > present with all its limitations.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic