17759Re: Am I The Only One Who Is Going To Die?

    Aug 4, 2011
      Yo Faithe,
      "Perhaps" you are 100% right on target. But what
      I see is that "Those who are in denial
      and living fear are actually those who are seeking
      alternate paths...". I see them as being stuck on the only
      path they have blindly been going down, good, bad,
      or whatever, but certainly one of unneeded suffering.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I work with many other RN's and other educated people
      > > who you would assume could recognize the obvious, but
      > > all of them seem to think they are immortal.
      >
      > Faithe: Perhaps that is how YOU view them, but it is not how they view
      > themselves. Another way to look at it is that just maybe these
      > "educated" people realize that there is nothing they can do to change
      > their pending death, and, that there is NO way to tell when it will
      > occur, and that there is absolutely nothing they can do about it
      > anyway...and...they are at peace with that.
      >
      > And
      > > I certainly don't mean in a spiritual way. If you knew
      > > for sure that you were driving your car towards the edge
      > > of a cliff, wouldn't you turn the wheel and go in another
      > > direction, or at least seek out a different map to follow?
      >
      > Faithe: Perhaps it is those who fear death who continually struggle
      > (whether physically or spiritually) to find a way out of it...seeking a
      > map that if found would do them no good for in the end we all meet that
      > physical death and no one knows what lies beyond it...no one.
      >

      > > I don't know ---- maybe being in denial and letting the
      > > fear bubble up subconsciously isn't all that bad a way
      > > to get through the day. Nah ---I ain't buying it!
      > > Peace and blessings,
      > > Bob
      > >

      > Faithe: Those who are in denial and living fear are actually those who
      > are seeking alternate paths, rather than living comfortably in the
      > present with all its limitations.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic