17737RE: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Kalu Rimpoche

  • Aideen Mckenna
    Jul 22, 2011

      From: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com [mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of medit8ionsociety
      Sent: July-22-11 7:01 AM
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Kalu Rimpoche

      "We could say that meditation doesn't have
      a reason or doesn't have a purpose. In this
      respect it's unlike almost all other things
      we do except perhaps making music and dancing.
      When we make music we don't do it in order
      to reach a certain point, such as the end of
      the composition. If that were the purpose of
      music then obviously the fastest players would
      be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are
      not aiming to arrive at a particular place on
      the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the
      journey itself is the point, as when we play
      music the playing itself is the point. And exactly
      the same thing is true in meditation. Meditation
      is the discovery that the point of life is always
      arrived at in the immediate moment."

      True.  Good analogies.  No “goals” in dancing, music.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic