17668Re: Mood Changes as a result of meditation

  • walto
    Jun 11, 2011
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "SN" <shellybn@...> wrote:
      > I have recently returned to practice after more than a decade away from it. Tuesday, I sat for 30 minutes and had a nice session, but Wednesday morning, I woke up completely depressed. I am rarely a depressed person. Is this a normal experience of a beginning meditation practice, or is something else going on? I tend to think it was a reaction to the meditation, because my exercise, eating, and other daily routines have not changed. Thank you all for your insight.
      > Shelly

      Hi, Shelly.

      You indicate that you had a "nice session." Can you say a bit more about how you meditated, and what (if anything) you meditatated on? Can you think of anything that come up that might have set you off the next day? Maybe something popped up that you quickly repressed?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic