17665Mood Changes as a result of meditation

  • SN
    Jun 9, 2011
      I have recently returned to practice after more than a decade away from it. Tuesday, I sat for 30 minutes and had a nice session, but Wednesday morning, I woke up completely depressed. I am rarely a depressed person. Is this a normal experience of a beginning meditation practice, or is something else going on? I tend to think it was a reaction to the meditation, because my exercise, eating, and other daily routines have not changed. Thank you all for your insight.

      Shelly
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic