17512Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Dec 25, 2010
      Have You Seen God?
      "One Hindu scripture goes to the extent
      of saying that if, by any chance, a person says,
      `I have seen God,' you can be sure that he or
      she has not seen God. The idea is that it is
      the intelligence, or the mind, that says,
      `I have seen God.' In reality, the mind can
      never see God. It is only when the mind ceases
      to be that God is experienced. So if the mind says,
      `I have seen God,' this is an utter falsehood.
      In fact, in everybody there is a divine element,
      or the godly personality within. It is the mind
      that, more or less, hides it from understanding
      its own self. So when the mind ceases to function,
      one realizes himself or herself to be that.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."
    • Show all 199 messages in this topic