17492Re: Brain wave entrainment

  • Jeanne and Chris
    Dec 5, 2010
      Ahmed,

      You raise a great point. How many BWE companies advertise the ability to "meditate more deeply than a Zen monk at the push of a button"? I'm sure we've all seen a fair share of them.

      The ability to meditate by simply turning on a CD sure would be great, but unfortunately, the claim is entirely false. Conflating the similarity in brainwave frequencies found in meditators and someone using entrainment is akin to saying that sleep and meditation are the same. Yes, both meditation and BWE result in pleasant relaxation, but that is about where any sameness ends.

      This isn't to say entrainment is without value: it just isn't the same thing, or have the same effect as, meditation.

      Thanks for raising the point - it's an important one.

      Vigilate,

      Chris B.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Ahmed" <amednz@...> wrote:

      > I started a brain wave entrainment proram three months ago.
      > Not only it was coslty, but I get better experience with silent meditaion that with the BWE.
      > I don't know what other members have experienced if they have tried these new technology.
      > Regards

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic