17427Re: Some tidbit from Nisarga

    Oct 3, 2010
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee
      > <sandeep1960@> wrote:
      > >

      > > That you are awake and alive is itself a concept, at this moment.
      > >
      > > I don't know.
      >
      > Faithe: Isn't thinking that one can/should go back to the source BEFORE
      > this concept arose, just another concept? Isn't the not knowing what
      > that state was, also a concept? More mulberry bush circling.
      > >
      > > That which you don't know is the true state.
      >
      > Faithe: How does one know that they don't know? Isn't this "true state"
      > of "don't know" another concept?
      > >
      > > Everything that comes after this consciousnesses arises, is useless,
      > > consciousnesses is useless.
      >
      > Faithe: How does one realize non-consciousness? Isn't labeling
      > consciousness as "useless", also a concept?
      > >

      > > So the search, all aspects of it belong the same?
      >
      > Faithe: Even the searching for "non-searching"?
      > >
      > > Throw away every thought, every experience, everything that happens
      > after this consciousness has risen.
      >
      > Faithe: To do this, one would have to realize that "state" prior to
      > consciousness, which is not possible.
      > >
      > > Other than throwing it away as useless, there is nothing to be done
      > beyond this understanding in which you are more and more absorbed.
      > >
      > Faithe: Thinking that one has thrown it (thoughts, experience, etc.
      > prior to consciousness) is just another aspect of consciousness, is it
      > not?
      >

      > > In the jnani beingness has reached the state of no-beingness, still
      > appearances will happen, how will one act?
      >
      > Faithe: One will act just as before, no change, no difference, other
      > than perhaps trying to fool oneself that they do not exist.
      > >

      > > It is something like the dream world......everything is happening and
      > not only you but nobody is doing anything.
      > >

      > Faithe: Is "dream world" just another aspect of consciousness? And if
      > so, then the dream world must also be thrown away!!! If nobody is doing
      > anything in the dream world, then why do I sometimes wake up exhausted
      > after a stimulating dream?

      Perhaps we could say "It's all a matter of activity and
      reactivity secondary to our point of view, our perception."

      "The ancient illustration of Advaita, of the rope being
      taken for a snake, may elucidate the point a little more.
      When a man mistakes the rope for a snake, the rope has
      vanished, and when he takes it for a rope,the snake has
      vanished, and the rope only remains. The ideas of dual
      or treble existence come from reasoning or insufficient
      data, and we read them in books or hear about them, until
      we come under the delusion that we really have a dual
      perception of the soul and the body; but such a
      perception never really exists. The perception is either
      of the body,or of the soul. It requires no arguments to
      prove it, you can verify it in your own mind."
      Swami Vivekananda
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic