17421Re: Some tidbit from Nisarga

  • tarah513
    Sep 27, 2010

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

      > That you are awake and alive is itself a concept, at this moment.
      >
      > I don't know.

      Faithe: Isn't thinking that one can/should go back to the source BEFORE this concept arose, just another concept? Isn't the not knowing what that state was, also a concept? More mulberry bush circling.

      > That which you don't know is the true state.

      Faithe: How does one know that they don't know? Isn't this "true state" of "don't know" another concept?

      > Everything that comes after this consciousnesses arises, is useless,
      > consciousnesses is useless.

      Faithe: How does one realize non-consciousness? Isn't labeling consciousness as "useless", also a concept?

      > So the search, all aspects of it belong the same?

      Faithe: Even the searching for "non-searching"?

      > Throw away every thought, every experience, everything that happens after this consciousness has risen.

      Faithe: To do this, one would have to realize that "state" prior to consciousness, which is not possible.

      > Other than throwing it away as useless, there is nothing to be done beyond this understanding in which you are more and more absorbed.

      Faithe: Thinking that one has thrown it (thoughts, experience, etc. prior to consciousness) is just another aspect of consciousness, is it not?

      > In the jnani beingness has reached the state of no-beingness, still appearances will happen, how will one act?

      Faithe: One will act just as before, no change, no difference, other than perhaps trying to fool oneself that they do not exist.

      > It is something like the dream world......everything is happening and not only you but nobody is doing anything.

      Faithe: Is "dream world" just another aspect of consciousness? And if so, then the dream world must also be thrown away!!! If nobody is doing anything in the dream world, then why do I sometimes wake up exhausted after a stimulating dream?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic