17386Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Aug 27, 2010
      Always Be Good and Do Good

      "Sometimes, people misunderstand karma and ask,
      `If it is someone's karma to go through something,
      why should I do anything to help him or her?' If
      you are satisfied with that point of view, stay
      away. But, if you really want to develop and evolve,
      you should feel like helping others and you should
      sympathize with others' pain. That is a divine
      quality. Even in the case of a drowning person,
      if you don't know how to swim and can't jump in
      to save the person, at least you can shout for some
      help. Every human being is expected to do something
      good. Always do good and be good. By doing good, we
      broaden our outlook and we are elevated by such actions.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http:www.YogaAndPeace.org
    • Show all 193 messages in this topic