17383The Wisdom of Sri George Carlin

    Aug 23, 2010
      BTW...I don't know if Carlin actually wrote
      this, but I'm pretty sure he'd approve it. Enjoy!
      A Message by George Carlin:

      The paradox of our time in history is that we
      have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider
      Freeways , but narrower viewpoints. We spend more,
      but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have
      bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences,
      but less time. We have more degrees but less
      sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more
      experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

      We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too
      recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast,
      get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired,
      read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

      We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced
      our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

      We've learned how to make a living, but not a life.
      We've added years to life not life to years. We've
      been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble
      crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered
      outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things,
      but not better things.

      We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.
      We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.
      We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but
      accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to
      wait. We build more computers to hold more information,
      to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

      These are the times of fast foods and slow
      digestion, big men and small character, steep
      profits and shallow relationships. These are the
      days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier
      houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick
      trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality,
      one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills
      that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill.
      It is a time when there is much in the showroom
      window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when
      technology can bring this letter to you, and a
      time when you can choose either to share this insight,
      or to just hit delete...

      Remember; spend some time with your loved ones,
      because they are not going to be around forever.

      Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks
      up to you in awe, because that little person soon
      will grow up and leave your side.

      Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to
      you, because that is the only treasure you can
      give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

      Remember, to say, ' I love you ' to your partner
      and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss
      and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from
      deep inside of you.

      Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for
      someday that person will not be there again.

      Give time to love, give time to speak! And give
      time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

      AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

      Life is not measured by the number of breaths
      we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic