17374Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Aug 14, 2010
      Rise Above Duality

      "The world is always a mixture of good and bad.
      You can't see all good without bad, because they
      are both sides of the same coin. If everything is
      good, then life is not worth living here. There's
      no charm, there's no purpose. Both qualities are
      necessary. We have been given free will and the
      discriminative capacity to select what is beneficial
      to us and to avoid that which is detrimental. So the
      concept of good and bad is mainly for human beings;
      it's a sort of testing ground. In that way, we
      develop and we evolve. We develop our capacities,
      we sharpen our intellect and we rise above all that.
      That is the real Yoga, when you rise above the dualities.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      www.YogaAndPeace.org.
    • Show all 195 messages in this topic