17354Re: [Meditation Society of America] Put It In Perspective

  • cosmic_yogi1
    Jul 19, 2010

      Greg, i greet you with peace and balance.

      As We continue to ' Learn to Un-learn', the thought of compassion being 'something that must be developed' is questionable.  The thought of compassion can be said to be nothing more than an ideal that our limited minds will contrive.  This limitation with a  personal thought creates more barriers for an Absolute Genuine compassion to exist.  As i grasp the concept of the thread, We are infinitely and inextricably tied to a Greater ALL, and to be consumed into our own world of worries, ie...thoughts about what is this or what is that misses the point.

      ONE

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Greg Brown <browntrout@...> wrote:

      > Being compassionate and kind to myself allows me to be kind and compassionate to everyone else, as well as all of the universes that exist! I have studied very deeply into Cosmology and Astrophysics as well as Unification Theory, and I have thought about exactly what you are saying. However, compassion something that must be developed, and I do believe that one can not be truly compassionate to all that exists unless one can be truly compassionate to their self.
      >

      > "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats!"
      >
      > :Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956).

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic