      From: Greg Brown <browntrout@...>
      Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Question about self-moha!
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, July 9, 2010, 6:10 PM

      I have been trying to break through this problem barrier for years now... But, I seem not to be able to catch myself in it so I can look into why I think and say these things, and then replace them... Any thoughts on how to do this? I really want to win this battle with myself... Thanks. I do know I am not alone in this... Peace, Greg.

      "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats!"

      :Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956).

      From: Greg Brown <browntrout@yahoo. com>
      To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Friday, July 9, 2010, 1:55 PM

      Hello,

      I have been reading your pages of your web site, and I have also been working on using positive affirmations, meditations, etc... before I knew about your site. I have leaned that I have one of the worst habits possible for a human being, that is giving myself negative thoughts, self-moha, all the time, a habit learned from an abusive childhood. I strongly believe in morality, justice and kindness - but, I do not give this to myself! This habit has been exceptionally hard to break and change into a positive inner dialog or even more appropriately and accepting dialog, as I am not able to recognize when I do it, as it is such a deeply ingrained habit for me to do to myself. I know all the techniques in cognitive retraining, but can not seem to get to correcting this negative inner dialog.  I thought "maybe there is a way meditation can help me change this debilitating habitual negative inner dialog".

      Do you have any thoughts, as I would be honored and glad to consider them.

      Thank you, Greg.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic