      From: Katrina <blondewithaphd@...>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Health, EEG Studies, and Schools of Tibetan Buddhism
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 5:44 AM

      Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I always hear stories of meditators telling me that they healed certain ailments through meditation but it is difficult for me to wrap my head around that concept. I am so glad to hear that your cancer is under control now. I am wondering though, why did you not tell your doctors?

      I also agree that meditation enacts the subconscious and conscious parts of the mind in a way that we are both able to be reflective as well as inverted into our own thoughts. It is a unique ability to look at the problem, find the solution, and interpret what it means. I have some clients who have been in therapy for years and still don't know what the problem is. I think meditation takes you to a place you can step back and look at the problem for yourself, and find a way to heal.

      You mentioned using different kinds of meditation both for the back injury and when you were very stressed with your wife. Is there a certain type to be used to heal physical conditions?

      I'm currently reading "Boundless Healing" by Tulku Thondup and I find it is quite easy to get through. Must be meant for novices like me :)

      Katrina Zaleski
      Principal Researcher
      NorthCentral University
      http://zaleskiresearch.brinkster.net/