17112Re: And now back to me...

    Apr 7, 2010
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:
      large snip
      > Bob --- you really got to me when you offered this:
      > What I suggest is that you actually sit in
      > meditation and see what it does for you. I expect there
      > is little likelihood that you will start wearing a cross
      > or a yalmulka or start treating cows as gods. What I do
      > think will happen is that you will gain great insight
      > into who you are and what life is all about. And these
      > realizations will form a Faithe religion you can have real
      > faith in.
      > You infer that I do not meditate. Think about what you wrote. Think
      > about the perception that one has about YOU when you offer this to them.
      > EVERYONE meditates...it is as natural as breathing. What is NOT natural
      > are all the guidelines espoused to others to better perfect their
      > meditation.
      Yo Faithe,
      The sound of me typing causes certain musical sounds.
      My fingers hitting the keys are like playing an instrument.
      The result of these things doesn't really make me a musician,
      does it? And since everyone makes some noise or another, does
      that mean "EVERYONE" is playing music? If this analogy is
      to a tune you don't like, I can understand it. But letting
      your mind run wild and living totally in reaction to its
      fluctuations isn't meditative and is really what is "NOT
      natural". And I think there is no better thing that you can
      do for your Self and everyone than share those methods and
      concepts that have helped you evolve in consciousness. And
      those who do are offering something similar to what a music
      teacher is doing....making sweeter notes more often
      available and lessening the none harmonic tonalities of life.