17095Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari

  • sandeep chatterjee
    Apr 5 11:23 PM

      --- On Tue, 4/6/10, tarah513 <faithearden@...> wrote:

      From: tarah513 <faithearden@...>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 3:45 AM

      Dear Bob.

      OK, I see where you are coming from. I am not a Christian. I do not
      follow the precepts of the Bible or of any organized religion. It has
      been a quite freeing experience and definitely has given me a different
      perspective on life.

      "Thy will be done on earth" has a totally different connotation for me.

      Is it important? To me, it is very important and I constantly make an
      effort to not partake in the religions - west or east. I perceive
      religion as no different from politics = people scrambling for king of
      top of the heap.

      Can meditation be kept separate from religion?

      Thanks.

      Faithe

      -------------

      Religion is never east or west.

      The word religion means re-connect.

      Re-connecting .......by ......and .......of .......that which never disconnected.

      Incidentally, "what is..... is thy will".....

      .....is the common bedrock of all flavours, eastern or western.

      Including the flavour called science, which cannot isolate any separative state from the entirety...... in order to further  postulate an independent casual agent for any effect.

      Just 2 weeks back neuro-scientists and behaviourial experts have collaborated and identified a "moral compass" region of the human brain which produces the thought seen as moral judgments.

      And established that this moral compass can be significantly affected by subjecting it to differing magnetic fields.

      So much for ........."it is me which thinks, ergo it is me which exists as a separative individuated self-entity(aka Descartes) and thus it is me which decides on my value system and thus the nature of my life ..........all out of my independent volition."

      Now as a response to the above.......thought may get risen in the form ...

      ..."to hell with re-connecting, all this re-connecting has only produced violence and intolerance whether at individual level or family or societal or national.

      And what is being spouted as above is more of the same cockamamie re-connecting."

      Such an risen thought  is perfectly fine.

      And is as much a nuance of thy will.:-)

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic