17090Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari

    Apr 5, 2010
      "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

      > Dear Bob.
      >
      > Thanks for your reply.
      >
      > I have a penchant for reading and comprehending as the words are
      > spoken/written. I take the meaning head-on. That is just the way I am.
      > Having been a business leader, I was entrusted to communicate clearly,
      > concisely and with no "double meaning". Perhaps we would have less
      > problems with meditation, spiritual & religious speakings if it was
      > either spoken in the same manner, or, if silence just prevaled on the
      > topic if words could not do it justice.
      >
      > Reference "Thy will be done"...I am VERY serious when I ask this
      > question...exactly who is this "thy"? I could never figure it out.
      >
      > Faithe

      Yo Faithe,
      "Thy will be done" is from the bible (Matthew 6:9-13)
      "Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."
      and for me, this goes perfectly with life experience.
      The Big "THY in the sky/heart"/"God" is what is
      being referred to here. An example of what that
      is about is the reality that you can't be sure you won't
      fall on your face when you get up from reading this,
      can you? This is where the idea that everything
      is just God's will being acted out comes in to play.
      And this can segue into interesting inner enqueries
      that are effective meditative exercises. For example,
      do we really have free will, or is everything just
      destiny? Are we capable of "doing" or do things just
      happen? What about Karma? Reincarnation? Good
      intentions? And so on and so on. Another ? I especially
      like is the admonition to obey the 1st commandment, which
      says to put no other god before God. Wouldn't that
      mean that if we are thinking about anything but God
      we are putting that thing/idea/feeling ahead of GOD?
      And if we obey all of the other 612 commandments
      (Thou shalt's/Thou shalt not's) in the old testement,
      but not the 1st, would we still be considered a sinner?
      Anyway, these are all parts of common religion
      based questions that so many of us look only outside our
      Self to answer, while Meditation points to us to look
      inside for all the spiritual answers we need. And if
      we do, maybe that's because it was "Thy's" will to do so!

      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > "tarah513" faithearden@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety

      > > > HA-HA-HA!!!
      > > >
      > > > I sure can tell that you are not a farmer! I am a farmer. Let me
      > tell
      > > > you, the EASY part is planting the crop. The tough part is the
      > growing!
      > > > Once the seed changes to plant, watering, fertilizing, herbicides,
      > > > insecticides are constantly administered. A seed does NOT grow
      > > > "effortlessly".
      > > >
      > > > Tell me more of this "grace" that has eluded me...where can I buy
      > some
      > > > if that is all that is needed for reaping a harvest.
      > > >
      > > > Faithe
      > > >
      > > Yo Faithe,
      > > You missed the point by being so literal, but
      > > your perspective on this somewhat reminds me
      > > of this Nasrudin story:
      > > Our Mullah Nasruddin took all his savings and went
      > > to buy a shirt. All eyes and ears he entered a
      > > tailor's shop, was measured and told: "Will you
      > > be back in a week? God willing - your shirt will
      > > be finished." The week was an exercise in patience,
      > > which duly passed and our hero returned to the tailor: "Unfortunately,
      > there's been a delay. But - God
      > > willing - your shirt will be ready tomorrow."
      > > Nasrudin returned the next day. "I am sorry" he
      > > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
      > > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
      > > will be ready."
      > > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
      > > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
      > >
      > > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
      > > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
      > > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
      > > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
      > > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
      > > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
      > > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
      > > conviction is not enough."
      > >
      > > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
      > > statement:
      > > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
      > > And that refers to all and everything, especially
      > > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being
      > > a product of Grace.
      > >
      > > Peace and blessings,
      > > Bob

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic