17087Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari

  • tarah513
    Apr 5, 2010
      Hi Cosmic.

      What does your name "ONE" mean...or is there no meaning intended and it
      is just a label?

      Thanks in advance.

      Faithe

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_yogi1"
      <hanifshekhem@...> wrote:

      > Beloved,
      >
      > Beautifully stated!
      >
      > ONE
      no_reply@ wrote:

      > > "tarah513" <faithearden@> wrote:

      medit8ionsociety

      > > > HA-HA-HA!!!
      > > >
      > > > I sure can tell that you are not a farmer! I am a farmer. Let me
      tell
      > > > you, the EASY part is planting the crop. The tough part is the
      growing!
      > > > Once the seed changes to plant, watering, fertilizing, herbicides,
      > > > insecticides are constantly administered. A seed does NOT grow
      > > > "effortlessly".
      > > >
      > > > Tell me more of this "grace" that has eluded me...where can I buy
      some
      > > > if that is all that is needed for reaping a harvest.
      > > >
      > > > Faithe
      > > >
      > > Yo Faithe,
      > > You missed the point by being so literal, but
      > > your perspective on this somewhat reminds me
      > > of this Nasrudin story:
      > > Our Mullah Nasruddin took all his savings and went
      > > to buy a shirt. All eyes and ears he entered a
      > > tailor's shop, was measured and told: "Will you
      > > be back in a week? God willing - your shirt will
      > > be finished." The week was an exercise in patience,
      > > which duly passed and our hero returned to the tailor:
      "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God
      > > willing - your shirt will be ready tomorrow."
      > > Nasrudin returned the next day. "I am sorry" he
      > > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
      > > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
      > > will be ready."
      > > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
      > > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
      > >
      > > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
      > > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
      > > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
      > > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
      > > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
      > > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
      > > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
      > > conviction is not enough."
      > >
      > > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
      > > statement:
      > > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
      > > And that refers to all and everything, especially
      > > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being
      > > a product of Grace.
      > >
      > > Peace and blessings,
      > > Bob

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic