17086Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari

  • tarah513
    Apr 5, 2010
      Dear Bob.

      Thanks for your reply.

      I have a penchant for reading and comprehending as the words are
      spoken/written. I take the meaning head-on. That is just the way I am.
      Having been a business leader, I was entrusted to communicate clearly,
      concisely and with no "double meaning". Perhaps we would have less
      problems with meditation, spiritual & religious speakings if it was
      either spoken in the same manner, or, if silence just prevaled on the
      topic if words could not do it justice.

      Reference "Thy will be done"...I am VERY serious when I ask this
      question...exactly who is this "thy"? I could never figure it out.

      <no_reply@...> wrote:
      > "tarah513" faithearden@ wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > By Grace alone effort is effortless. The farmer
      > > > makes an effort while planting his crop. By Grace,
      > > > the crop grows effortlessly. The farmer then reaps
      > > > the harvest and distributes it, and many are nurtured.
      > > >
      > > HA-HA-HA!!!
      > >
      > > I sure can tell that you are not a farmer! I am a farmer. Let me
      > > you, the EASY part is planting the crop. The tough part is the
      > > Once the seed changes to plant, watering, fertilizing, herbicides,
      > > insecticides are constantly administered. A seed does NOT grow
      > > "effortlessly".
      > >
      > > Tell me more of this "grace" that has eluded me...where can I buy
      > > if that is all that is needed for reaping a harvest.
      > >
      > > Faithe
      > >
      > Yo Faithe,
      > You missed the point by being so literal, but
      > your perspective on this somewhat reminds me
      > of this Nasrudin story:
      > Our Mullah Nasruddin took all his savings and went
      > to buy a shirt. All eyes and ears he entered a
      > tailor's shop, was measured and told: "Will you
      > be back in a week? God willing - your shirt will
      > be finished." The week was an exercise in patience,
      > which duly passed and our hero returned to the tailor: "Unfortunately,
      there's been a delay. But - God
      > willing - your shirt will be ready tomorrow."
      > Nasrudin returned the next day. "I am sorry" he
      > was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
      > Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
      > will be ready."
      > "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
      > "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"
      > So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
      > similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
      > come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
      > "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
      > be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
      > The self is so self-confident that unless it is
      > totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
      > conviction is not enough."
      > As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
      > statement:
      > "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
      > And that refers to all and everything, especially
      > Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being
      > a product of Grace.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic