17084Re: Practice Makes Perfect by Kir Li Molari

    Apr 4, 2010
      "tarah513" <faithearden@...> wrote:

      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > By Grace alone effort is effortless. The farmer
      > > makes an effort while planting his crop. By Grace,
      > > the crop grows effortlessly. The farmer then reaps
      > > the harvest and distributes it, and many are nurtured.
      > >
      > HA-HA-HA!!!
      >
      > I sure can tell that you are not a farmer! I am a farmer. Let me tell
      > you, the EASY part is planting the crop. The tough part is the growing!
      > Once the seed changes to plant, watering, fertilizing, herbicides,
      > insecticides are constantly administered. A seed does NOT grow
      > "effortlessly".
      >
      > Tell me more of this "grace" that has eluded me...where can I buy some
      > if that is all that is needed for reaping a harvest.
      >
      > Faithe

      Yo Faithe,
      You missed the point by being so literal, but
      your perspective on this somewhat reminds me
      of this Nasrudin story:
      Our Mullah Nasruddin took all his savings and went
      to buy a shirt. All eyes and ears he entered a
      tailor's shop, was measured and told: "Will you
      be back in a week? God willing - your shirt will
      be finished." The week was an exercise in patience,
      which duly passed and our hero returned to the tailor: "Unfortunately, there's been a delay. But - God
      willing - your shirt will be ready tomorrow."
      Nasrudin returned the next day. "I am sorry" he
      was greeted "just a few more stiches, a few more...
      Pray be back tomorrow and - God willing - it
      will be ready."
      "And " was the vexed Mullah heard to say
      "how long will it take, if we leave God out of it?"

      So, perhaps believing in God or Grace, or anything
      similar will not get your shirt made, or your crops to
      come to harvest, but, as Sri Mahararaj Nisargadatta said
      "Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not
      be convinced that effort will take you nowhere.
      The self is so self-confident that unless it is
      totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
      conviction is not enough."

      As for me, I feel at One with another Kir Li Molari
      statement:
      "There's only one rule in this game – Thy will be done!"
      And that refers to all and everything, especially
      Enlightenment (or whatever you want to label IT) being
      a product of Grace.