16989Re: [Meditation Society of America] Cause and Effect and On-line Strategies

  • Sandeep
    Feb 16, 2010
      Hi Bob,

      medit8ionsociety wrote:

      Carl Sagan once said that to really find
      the cause of any effect you have to go back
      to the Big Bang and work from there.

      Why even stop at that minor event?

      :-)

      Much though it may seem like..........there is no linear cause-effect continuum.

      In a
      universe that's characterized by adjectives
      and adverbs like "Chaos", it's interesting
      that things pop up exactly when they would
      fit in.

      Exactly.

      Including the arising thought which may of  the nature of bewilderment, anger, agony............as to how can this "pop up" be  seen  to be a fit...
      .. from any perspective.

      Aka, earthquakes, tsunamis, innocents getting blown apart in the name of Allah or democracy.

      Right after reading Papajeff and
      Sandeep, both of whom I respect and think
      are wiser than the average bear, I found this
      site that deals with strategies that are used
      in on-line arguments.
      http://www.jerzeede vil.com/forums/ showthread. php?t=70321

      LOL

      Very good.

      Being on the cyber circuit from the early 80s.....have seen all these variations.

      I hope you enjoy what is shareed there even if it
      doesn't exactly fit with what has been going on
      in these recent posts. In the case of the last few
      posts here, I want to say that when I read Sandeep,
      my mind's chatter often stops and that opens the
      "doors of perception", and since Swami Chidananda's
      recent death, I think Sandeep may be the most conscious
      person in India.

      Hey, the geographical spread of that endorsement is too small.

      Bob, how do you expect me to expand the business, in face of competition ?

      Be a little more generous, a bit more expansive, will ya!.

      Coming back to the subject of effortless effort.

      In fact, every effort is effortless.

      Not that reaching an enlightened state makes subsequent efforting as effortless.

      Effortless effort is already the case.

      What would effortfull effort be?

      It would be the enacting of actions, accompanied by a sense of ownership of the action, which as a package deal comes with the sense of stake with the unfolding actions.

      Doing......... with the accompanying halo of "I am the one doing such and such and I am the one who hopes that such and such will get me, the other,
      society, community, nation, humanity at large, such and such".

      The halo is all mentation.

      The presence or absence of the halo of mentation.........does not in any way effect the nature or content of the moment, which unfolds exactly as it did as the moment.

      (A delving would apperceive that even the physical act as the content of the moment.... is a wiggle in the field of mentation, but let's leave that for the moment)

      So this state of effortless effort( to use some terms for this communication)........can it ever be reached, attained, realized, achieved?

      What is not-the-case.......can be made to be the case.

      Which obviously needs something to be done by some one.

      What is already the case........how can it be made to be the case again?

      Now, espying these pixels.....thought immediately comes up......

      "-that's all neo-advaita bullshit, did not such and such (put in any of your favourite saint sage).....toil for decades, even several past lifetimes...........to reach salvation, enlightenment.

      -"When nothing in life, ie.fame, fortune, sex, power can be got without rowing your boat......how can the biggest mazumma be achieved just by sitting on your back-side".

      Thought may even construct..

      "- How can such nonsense be allowed to be espoused when I through such exacting and arduous rock climbing have reached the pinnacle of spirituality"

      "-What would I be left with........if all that I have done and achieved in the field of spirituality be debunked.....

      ....what would I be.....if ......it is all fluff?".

      In reverse thought may even construct

      " That is why effort is the very obstruction to realization, enlightenment and must be totally shunned.
       I must hunt down all these doers and negate them on every spiritual lists on cyber space, as well as all physical satsanghs."

      Both schools of thought.........are actually the same.

      What is the difference between believing that something is necessary, that something is the causal requirement for what-is-already-the-case to be reached.......

      ......and .....

      ..... believing that nothing has to be done........ as the causal requirement...... for what-is-already-the-case to be reached.

      No difference whatsoever.

      Which is why............if a specific technique is getting enacted which is held to be meditation, bhakti-japa, self-enquiry........coming across a spectacle of need, anguish, suffering and getting moved to do whatever one did in that moment to assuage the spectacle......(whether succeeded or not)

      .......in each of these instances.........the apperceiving is that...........each of the instance was a natural nuance of the moment.....an unfolding play of totality as that very specific act of a multi-act drama......

      a drama .....which is nothing but a display of what would be it be like, if for example .....meditation, bhakti-japa, self-enquiry, empathy.....

      ...was ever possible to be.

      Similarly, the absence of any of these facets of phenomenality........are as much .........a natural nuance of the moment.....as much as acts
      of the same multi-act drama.

      Now what is to be pursued, craved, intended, affirmed?

      What is to be shunned, avoided, negated?

      The instance....... no matter what it's content.......... is not a means to another instance.

      The instance........ no matter what its content........ is not an obstruction to another instance

      For no instance has a relation with another instance.

      Why not?

      Because each instance, irrespective of the content of that instance.........is complete in itself.

      There is no pop-up needing to fit into frame.

      The pop-up IS the frame.

      In this light of apperception(again a mere term)............where there is no surrounding halo of intentions, will, stakes, hopes.....

      the apperception that ....the halo IS the very unfolding meditation, if so.

      the apperception that .....the halo IS the very unfolding of empathy, if so.

      The apperception that....the halo IS the very unfolding absence of any such activities, if such is the case.

      The apperception that the pervading stillness..........is not an effect of what is unfolding................whether the unfolding happens in the dirt of the gutter

      or in the pristinity of cathedral towers.

      The light of this apperception .........consumes( to use a term).......all "other" instances......... both the recalled and the projected.

      The consumption of the recall and the projected .............is the consumption of even this instance.

      And the apperception that the Big Bang ...

      ..a mere infantile wiggle....

      .....to display what would it be like...... IF...... something could ever be on display.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic