16956Re: [Meditation Society of America] Ahimsa (from our web site, Meditation Station)

  • James
    Jan 26, 2010
      <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > Thanks

      Meditation Station)
> [...]
      >
      > of passive and active characteristic (Tamas/Rajas) ,
      >
      > which is known by a "gut feeling", intuitively,
      >
      > the meditator changes them spontaneously, effortlessly,
      >
      > into righteous events (Sattva). This is Self-control.
      >
      > How to do this? By witnessing your life as it
      >
      > takes place. Your breath is always present while
      >
      > there is life. By placing your attention on your
      >
      > breath, you are here, now, present, and can Witness
      >
      > your life as it takes place.
      >

      > Several times during the day, remind your self
      >
      > to Witness your breath. Do this in as many ways
      >
      > as you can. When you first get up, give yourself
      >
      > a mental direction to stop every hour on the hour
      >
      > and refocus on your breath, and on your silent
      >
      > inner Witness. If you see yourself doing anything
      >
      > that is contrary to Ahimsa, redirect your actions
      >
      > to Sattvic ones. So, if you see yourself mentally
      >
      > cursing out your boss, for instance, change that
      >
      > into a prayer for the well being of all who live.
      >
      > This is just an example. You can also remind
      >
      > yourself by leaving post-it notes to yourself
      >
      > around your house or job site that just say
      >
      > "Witness" or "Breathe" on them.
      >

      > While you're at work, call yourself on your home
      >
      > phone and leave a message on your answering machine
      >
      > that will serve as a reminder when you get home
      >
      > from work and check your messages. Be creative,
      >
      > devise a game plan. Find ways that you can remind
      >
      > yourself more and more often to be aware of your
      >
      > breathe, Witnessing, and the principle of Ahimsa.
      >
      > Eventually, you will Witness your life as it takes
      >
      > place, and the replacing of negative actions with
      >
      > righteous ones will become an automatic part of
      >
      > your life, and you will never again have to even
      >
      > ponder what Ahimsa is about. You will be living
      >
      > it. Then, a state of transcendence of all Gunas
      >
      > (Tamasic, Rajasic, and Sattvic actions) occurs.
      >
      > The meditator then abides in life without reference
      >
      > or reaction to the illusion of singular identification,
      >
      > and the unity with the ever present, infinite
      >
      > underlying essence of all creation, and all activity
      >
      > is realized. This event of all events can only be
      >
      > known experientially, not emotionally, physically,
      >
      > or intellectually. It is a gift of Grace only, and
      >
      > not as a result of meditation, or by going through
      >
      > your pain, or by bliss-full visions, and so on.
      >
      > Meditation clears the pathway of all that obstructs
      >
      > the vision of the Witness.
      >

      > So... breathe, Witness, and when you witness Tamas
      >
      > or Rajas in your actions, or the actions going on
      >
      > around you, change them into Sattva by acting or
      >
      > refraining from action…whatever is appropriate. But,
      >
      > be sure to apply the kindness that is one and the
      >
      > same in Ahimsa to yourself, as well as to others.
      >
      > Be gentle when you see something negative in your
      >
      > actions, words, or thoughts. Just say "Oh well" to
      >
      > yourself and go on with the process of changing
      >
      > negativity to loving positivity. And this will be
      >
      > true Ahimsa, and that will be when you start living

      I must say im very impressed with all you have said and i thank you, im
      very greatful to you and im glad to be a part of this life changing
      expierence i need this very much thank you.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic