      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: God in Everyone
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, 15 December, 2009, 4:53 AM

      Small Universe that it is, today's Swami
      Sivananda Day-to-Day sharing is perfectly
      in tune with this discussion:

      CHEERING DROOPING HEARTS: The Master was once cheering the
      drooping hearts of some of his disciples.

      "Never mind whether Self-realisation comes or not. Put forth
      every effort at attaining ethical improvement to render
      yourself perfect for the service of man. See God in man.
      Look upon man as God. If your concept of God includes the
      idea that He is all-pervading and omnipresent, then why
      can't you see Him in all beings and creatures? What makes
      you hesitate in translating your belief into action? You
      will have to leave off all such notions that He is available
      only behind locked doors and closed eyes. First feel His
      loving Presence in everyone, in everything that you see and
      serve, then see whether or not He shines of His own accord
      in the chambers of your heart. When the heart is not yet
      free of all impurities and the lower nature rid of its
      dross, how can spiritual experience come to you? Until you
      have rendered your nature perfect, is it possible to realise
      the truth of a Being who is the very essence of perfection?

      "First root out your egoism, anger, hatred, greed and pride
      by means of sincere selfless service. Even if you manage to
      do some little good to ten human beings, if you succeed in
      destroying one evil trait and developing fully a single
      noble virtue, feel certain that your life has not been lived
      in vain. That is more than what ten people in a million ever
      achieve. What if you do not have Samadhi and God-vision?

      "Cheer up yourselves! Apply your heart and soul to this
      work. I guarantee that you will feel blessed and happy. Feel
      not dissatisfied with your lot or be downcast about your
      progress. Act up to my word. Have I no thought of your
      spiritual welfare? Why, if you would only know, you will see
      that day and night, every moment my heart is fluttering with
      concern for your well-being."

      "Do not attempt to run away from surroundings that are not
      to your liking. God has placed you there to make you grow
      quickly. If you get all your desired comforts in a
      particular place you will not grow strong. So never complain
      about unfavourable surroundings. Triumph over all
      difficulties. " - Swami Sivananda

      http://www.dlshq. org/cgi-bin/ dada/mail. cgi