16898Re: God in Everyone

    Dec 14, 2009
      Very beautifully written Papajeff. We have a picture
      of Krishna at our house where he's playing his flute
      to an adoring female. There's also a field where there
      are dozens of cows, several people, animals, and
      many different trees, plants, rocks, etc. Each thing
      has a handprint of Krishna at its center. This ancient
      and common realization is an (3rd) eye opening event.
      From there, one has the potential to recognize the unity
      of all things big and small and recognize the "hand"
      within all sub-atomic particles, atoms, molecules, cells,
      organs and other masses, bodies, all life on Earth, Earth
      itself, the Sun, the solar system and all its parts,
      the Galaxy, the Galactic cluster, the Universe, and in
      all Universes. In our classes, we teach the Big Buddha,
      Little Buddha meditation wherein one sees their deity
      (not necessarily Buddha or any specific person - it can
      just be a holy energy) in all things from the sub atomic
      on up to multi-universes. Of course as this begins to happen
      on its own without any inner chatter (when the directed
      concentration flows into meditation), there is no-one
      there to say "This is happening to me" or "oh-wow!", or
      "this is enlightenment", or anything similar. And as soon
      as that inner chatter returns, so does duality and the
      ego that thinks it is separate from the rest of all the
      atoms and universes. But often the experience itself is
      (happily) ever after life changing. A sort of spiritual
      "trap" is that this is so intoxicating an event that one
      rehashes it in the mind over and over and instead of
      seeking it again (or more accurately letting it happen),
      a plateau is reached and that's where the evolution
      stops. Somewhere right this Now there is a teenager
      taking a drug that has lead to similar experiences. S/he
      may flow into this "unified field" and actually know
      first hand what the mystics have made music about on
      their flutes for thousands of years, but they won't have
      a sustained divine being-ness and will most often
      just forget about "IT". Meditation practice is an
      ongoing and ever evolving flow and when someone who
      has had transcendent experiences shares them with us,
      it is a gift from above....and from within... and we
      are blessed when this happens. But, for most teenagers,
      even ones who have seen the universal unity, a new xbox
      game that just came out is more important. And age is
      just a number, so many meditators are still just
      teenagers spiritually who may never become adults in
      any way but physically. Meditation is the best mechinism
      for growth of consciousness and must take place in the
      present, and that is not just a rehashing of what has
      happened or a drug effect. A flute's beautiful message can
      only be sounded now. And if not actively used, the flute
      will rust and the notes will not be divinely sweet.
      Thanks again Papajeff for sharing this reminder to
      actually meditate and that this, shall we say, opens
      the ears to be able to hear the ever flowing celestial
      harmonies that divine flutes are playihg.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Papajeff" <jeff@...> wrote:

      > Ran across this quote yesterday.
      > It's one of the pleasantly startling
      > realizations of Awakening:

> [...]