      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 9:40 AM

      "It's not where you live or how much you possess;
      rather, it is how you live and how much you are
      being possessed by your possessions. You can have
      many things as long as you don't get possessed.
      The minute you allow them to possess you, you are
      doomed. A boat's duty is to stay in the water and
      carry people from one shore to the other shore.
      To do its job, the boat must be in the water, but
      the minute the water is in the boat, you sink.
      A multimillionaire may have numerous possessions
      but may not be attached to them, while a sadhu may
      be attached to his own water pot. It is not the
      thing in itself that binds us, it is our attachment to things.

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda: