16813Re: Music

    Oct 3, 2009
      Carole Gray <carole.gray18@...> wrote:

      > Music helps me move from a busy mindset to a more quiet one, making it easier to get into a meditative state.

      Yo Carol,
      You're so right. What is interesting is that
      different kinds of music "work" for people.
      I knew twin brothers that had one chilling
      out with classical music and the other with heavy
      metal. Both loved the Beatles. Also at different
      times vastly different types can be more or less
      conducive for meditation. I remember loving Ravi Shankar
      and disliking Country. Now I (finally) understand and
      Hank Williams can produce just as transcendent
      vibrations as any sitar playing. I'm wondering what
      you and others find meditative?