16732Description of doing nothing

  • cuno66
    Jul 21, 2009
      Hello dear friends;

      This is my first post.I read the book called I AM THAT and as far as I understand the awareness Sri Nisargadatta describes is the choiceless awareness-the art of doing nothing…or is it not??.but some words he says is sometimes paradoxical..here is one..

      Q:How is it done?
      M:Refuse all thoughts except one:the thought `I am'.(page 18-The self stands beyond mind)

      Here he says REFUSE!Which is saying doing something..Does he say this for the mundanes..??but in choiceless we don't refuse anything only stay with the consciousness here and now…any comments

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic