16642Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Jun 5, 2009
      Do Not Mourn

      "Sometimes when you grieve, you bring more
      sadness to that soul because, upon the death
      of the body, that soul watches the loved
      ones. The body is not there, but the soul
      can still watch you, at least for some time.
      If that particular soul is attached to you,
      they will be watching you. When you grieve,
      the soul becomes unhappy. It feels: `I am free.
      I am moving freely. I am happy; but, in my name,
      he or she is sad.' You make that soul sad by
      your feeling sad. Death is a release from the
      body prison. If you can't be happy, for that
      soul, at least pray for the soul, but don't
      mourn over it. That's not going to help
      anybody¬óneither that soul nor your soul."

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      www.YogaAndPeace.org.
    • Show all 195 messages in this topic