16638Re: The 100th Human - Sneak previews of The Enlightened Healer Symposium

    Jun 3, 2009
      Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

      > Yes, what goes for potato washing
      > also goes for tool wielding --
      > including weaponry. The first
      > primate to knock out a rival with
      > a hefty stick or stone was "one
      > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
      > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
      > but Sean's observation is correct
      > and cogent -- humanity is just as
      > likely to be destroyed as saved
      > by "monkey see, monkey do."

      Well, that's the Yin and Yang of it. The Tao would be
      dealing with (or letting happen) the awareness of the
      100 monkeys within us. This is demonstrated by the
      practices of the Kundalini Yoga tradition that points
      to 7 different energy areas within that all have other
      "emanations" sprouting off of them, and the Kabbalah branch
      of Jewish mysticism which sites 10. When each is equally
      activated (by Witnessing/Presence/Awareness/etc, brought
      about by specific practices and activated by Grace), the
      "100 Monkey" transformation takes place within and the
      practitioner achieves Enlightenment. The energy areas
      are said to power the various aspects of being human.
      For example, the balance between Joy and Sadness,
      Good and Evil, Wisdom and Ignorance, etc. So I see this and
      similar stories as meditative teachings that have the
      potential to evolve us much more within than the first
      things we see in our initial realizations of their
      meaning. And it's a blessing and mystery that these and
      similar tools for the enquiry into "Who Am I?" has been
      given to us as tools for Self Realization.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic