      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] "Transcending Karma" Technique and Commentary About It
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 10:13 PM

      Probably due to the very high ranking of our web site
      Meditation Station http://www.meditati onsociety. com
      on Google, Yahoo, and other search engines in the
      category of Meditation Techniques and Meditation, we
      get many emails daily that often comment about the
      techniques and concepts that we offer. Here's one we
      received today concerned with the Transcending Karma
      technique that I have copied below. The email will be
      found beneath the text of the technique. I found it
      pretty interesting although presented language-usage- wise
      in an unusual manner.
      I hope you will enjoy and benefit from the technique and
      the email.
      Transcending Karma

      Once upon a time, long, long ago, there were
      2 holy men traveling together through the
      countryside. They came upon a beautiful young
      woman sitting and sobbing by the side of a
      stream. She said she was afraid of drowning
      and asked them if they would help her cross
      to the other side of the water. Without saying
      a word, one of the monks picked up the girl
      and carried her to the other side of the stream
      where he gently put her down. She thanked him
      and went on her way. The two men then continued
      their journey. After a while, the monk said to
      the one who had carried the young woman, "How
      could you do such a thing? We have taken vows
      of chastity. It is forbidden to even talk to a
      woman let alone touch one." The other monk
      lovingly replied, "When I came to the other side
      of the stream, I put her down. Why are you still
      carrying her?"

      What have you been carrying around that you
      should have put down and left behind? Do you
      still harbor feelings of regret, anger, hate,
      disappointment, or any other negative adjectives
      or adverbs that apply, for events, people, or
      things that are not here, now? Why do you do
      this masochistic activity?

      Life can be equated with a boat ride taking you
      from one shore to another. As the boat goes across
      the water, it leaves a wake in its path. This wake
      represents your past. And just like the wake a boat
      leaves behind doesn't propel the boat forward at
      all, your past doesn't drive you towards the other
      shore. What's done is done if you will be done
      with it. If you don't face the front of the boat
      and place your attention in the present moment,
      you will not be able to avoid running into the
      icebergs and other potential hazards that could
      jeopardize your trip through life. Your karma is
      fulfilled and up to date at all times. Your
      clinging to the past and fantasizing about the
      future is what keeps you paying a karmic debt.
      Simply attend to this moment and witness the
      path your boat is traveling. This is action free
      of reaction and further karma.

      Relax. Melt into your most comfortable meditative
      posture. Focus on your breath and feel and
      witness its entry, retention, and leaving. Let
      your body establish a comfortable rhythm. Visualize
      your great grandparents in your mind's eye. See
      them be born, have events take place in their
      lives and eventually give birth to your grandparents.
      Visualize your grandparents be born, see them have
      events take place in their lives and eventually
      give birth to your parents. Visualize your parents
      being born and see them go through the events in
      their lives that eventually included giving birth to you.

      As clearly as possible, without reacting
      physically, emotionally, or mentally, allow
      the movie of the events of your life to unfold
      on the inner screen of your mind's eye. Witness
      the events as unattached as the monk was who
      carried the woman over the stream. And just
      like him, leave your attachments to all the events
      that have resulted in your being here, now. Know
      that you are now in the boat ride of your life
      and that to look back is to reattach to your
      ancestors and your own karma and all the suffering
      that clings to it. Look ahead free of karma,
      enjoy the ride, and live happily ever after.
      ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- -----
      email from J....I.....
      In the Time, this inquiry, reveals not exactly
      what I hoped to find. Transcending karma was
      to my long time belief to be associated with
      the environment of exposure. For example if
      one were submersed in wickedness transcending
      karma would be the love the light that shines
      from your deepest inner self. Absorbing the
      exposure of hate and projecting love. Flipping
      the chips on down the line. Shining light in
      dark places. Having a positive effect in the
      confrontation of negativity. Staring at anger
      with loving eyes. Ultimately to take in what
      was bad but projecting what was good.
      To transcend karma one would not have been
      effected by atrocious exposure, but atrocity was
      exposed in effect to the divine light.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic