16525Re: [Meditation Society of America] New Center At Stanford To Study Brain's Role In Compassion, Altruism

    Jan 26, 2009
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, krishnan sundaram
      <krish_cost@...> wrote:

      > Inscription in an Indian temple "compassion can never come to a
      flesh eater"

      Compassion includeds compassion towards others who
      eat flesh, be it for health, economic, ignorance, or whatever
      reason. I do realize that the inscription was probably
      meant to be a warning or reminder or for some well
      intended motivation, but its use of "...never..."
      seems a bit uncompassionate.
      Peace and blessings,
      Bob (45 years of being a vegitarian)

      r_6/*http: //messenger. yahoo.com/ invite/>

      > Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to
      http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic