16523[Meditation Society of America] Re: Anyone here familiar with the term "Walk in"

  • Jeff Belyea
    Jan 26, 2009
      Hi Sean. Pretty lucid rambling. Hopefully
      you've had a chance to catch up on your
      sleep by now. You're certainly right about
      the inadequacy of language. Where we
      run into real trouble is when a person or
      group of people are so hung up on their
      'model' of expressing the inexpressible
      that they are willing to go to war (or hang
      'witches') over it.

      Jeff

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean tremblay <bethjams9@...>
      wrote:

      > What is interesting is the struggle we all have to communicate such experiences,
      especially when our language just does not seem adequate to express our insights or
      experiences, or sometime we don't fully comprehend what is happening even on a more
      mundane level.  It also seems that language for most of us is laced with conotations,
      attachments or past agendas, and words conjure up different images for us all, particulaly
      confusing when we are talking about the spiritual dimensions of the emotional/intuitive
      relms

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic