16474New Years Message From Swami Chidananda

    Jan 1, 2009
      Let Divinity Be The Keynote
      by Sri Swami Chidanandaji

      Radiant Atman! Sadhakas! Mumukshus! Jijnasus!
      Devotees of the Lord! Lovers of righteousness! Soon
      you will enter into a gift of 365 virgin days in
      which you can sow the seed of a harvest of peace,
      bliss, Illumination and divine perfection. It is
      yours to do as you wish. The New Year is like a book
      with all the pages unwritten and blank for you to
      enter into it anything that you want to write. You
      may write it in letters of gold if you wish and make
      it a thing of beauty.

      Try to make an evaluation of what you have been
      throughout the year that has gone by. Have you
      grasped each day and made a gainful step upward and
      Godward towards your Destiny? Have you converted
      experiences that you encounter into things of
      increased wisdom and greater inner strength? And in
      the light of this evaluation, have you been better
      equipped to move towards this great new wondrous gift
      of God-one more year of 365 virgin days? Each day is
      filled with twenty-four golden hours, each set with
      sixty diamond minutes-precious, invaluable, beyond
      compare. They are yours to be utilized and filled
      with divinity, love, compassion, wisdom, spiritual
      aspiration, sincere sadhana. You can do all these
      things and more to enrich yourself.

      Let the New Year lift you up higher on the scale of
      spiritual evolution. Let it be a year to prove that
      God's gift to you has not been in vain. Let it be a
      year to prove yourself worthy of this great gift of
      human status. God speed you towards this onward
      ascent, towards that pinnacle point of God-
      experience, of Satchidananda Consciousness, of
      Illumination and Enlightenment. This is my sincere
      prayer at the feet of Almighty, and at the feet of
      beloved and worshipful Guru Maharaj, who has brought
      into us this great awareness that we are inherently
      Divine.

      You are related to the Cosmic Divinity. You have come
      here to attain that Divinity. May we move forward
      with a new strength, a new spirit and a new
      determination, focusing entirely upon the Goal and
      the Goal alone, making our entire life a total
      integrated movement towards the supreme consummation!
      May we progress towards the Goal each hour, minute
      and second to unfold and express our Divinity! May
      divinity be our keynote! Let us try to express and
      manifest this divinity every moment. May all the
      powers at our command be directed towards this one
      ideal of making our inner truth, our essential
      nature, our true identity! Live in such a way that
      you may emerge out as a shining, radiantly divine,
      perfect and liberated soul.

      This article has also been posted at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/jan2009.htm

      Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's New Year Message is at:
      http://swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_139.html