16454Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda (and Picture)

    Dec 14, 2008
      The Whole World is a Stage

      "If everything is peaceful, there is no fun
      in life. You cannot watch a movie that is always
      loving, joyful and happy¬óthere should be some
      fight or conflict. Is it not so? People enjoy
      that kind of a movie. The whole world is a stage
      and, in a drama, every kind of action is there.
      So how can we enjoy it? By not getting the ego
      involved in it. Just be a witness. Imagine a
      movie in which two fellows are kicking each other.
      What would you do? Will you kick your neighbor in
      the next seat? No, you watch them both. In the
      same way, we have to rise above all these things
      to the ultimate truth and at the same time play
      our part. The ultimate truth is: Whatever happens,
      it is God's will.

      Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

      PS: A picture of Swamiji can be found in the new
      Swami Satchidananda album in the Photos section
      of this group