16413Re: The Non-Dual Championship Dual

  • Jeff Belyea
    Oct 28, 2008
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@...>
      wrote:

      > "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks, Bob.
      > >
      > > Maharaji Prem Rawat made the point
      > > succinctly with, "Effort precedes grace."
      > >
      > > Whew, for the rain. Go Rays.
      > >
      > > Tampa Bay Jeff
      > >
      > Yo Papajeff,
      > There was no Ray of sunshine in that game, but
      > the rain surely brought one to Tampa fans. I of
      > course expect the Phils to win tomorrow and end
      > the 28 year championship wait we've suffered
      > with here. And with the birds now playing at
      > close to full strength, it gives hope for a dual
      > parade at this time of this Yuga. But...although in
      > the eternal now, we know that just witnessing the
      > events of life as they take place is the only
      > "real" way to deal in and with Reality, getting into
      > following sports and philosophizing about their possible
      > turns of events is quite an interesting/enticing way
      > to be grounded in this material world, and it seems to
      > have a value... It's fun and fun is usually happy,
      > and there's nothing wrong with that spiritually.
      > (OK - does this justify the off-topic fan stuff!)
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

      Hey, Bob -

      Yes, any activity that involves a sphere,
      spinning and soaring through space
      makes for a wonderful meditative yantra,
      an apt metaphor for spiritual
      soaring, analogous to blissball on
      which we live, and therefore, on topic.

      The Phillie's may do a 9th Avenue
      Freeze Out on the Rays, but I don't
      think McNabb can do the advaita
      shuffle all season. A nondual realization
      is more likely .

      Jeff
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic