16323Re: [Meditation Society of America] Reminder About What NOT To Post

    Sep 19, 2008
      <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > Bob,
      > Recently I asked for people who are interested in donating, stuff to
      Afgani children. This was not a solicitation for money. I'm looking
      everywhere and asking all my friends. I will be in Afganistan with
      the Afgan National Army for about a year, toys and coloring books go
      along way with winning trust! a hell of a lot more than bullets do. I
      asked this forum because I figured you folks might want to help. I'm
      not asking for much and I am not expecting much. I hope I have not
      over stepped any bounds.
      > Thanks
      > Sean

      Yo Sean
      What you are doing is a totally different thing and seems
      to be quite a righteous one. The new member has just
      explained in an email to me that he had
      an intention to do a survey with the intention
      of finding what kind of meditations people
      wanted and then "make" these meditations (I think
      CD's or something similar) and then "...be paid for
      the work and study that's gone into making
      these meditations". I do believe that his intentions
      are innocent and so he is not banned, as were all the
      others who have tried to use this forum for
      business of some kind. But we are specifically
      dedicated to the free exchange of meditation
      techniques and concepts and are not here to
      help someone start a meditation business
      venture. Anyway, I hope you will feel free to
      further let us know how to go about donating
      to help the Afgani children. If you are involved,
      I know that compassion and selfless service will
      be part of this project and thus I feel that
      this is a fitting thing for us to help publicize.
      I wish you well with your new endeavor.