1629[Meditation Society of America] Re: THE SAGE'S VIEW

  • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
    Jan 2, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Goode
      <goode@d...> wrote:
      > The understanding is not experiential - whatever experience you can
      think of - understanding is "in back of it." If understanding *were*
      experiential (and I don't mean understanding how to fill out one's
      tax form), then it would be just another whiff that comes and goes.

      ********** Exactly, and people chase sprituality like it's a goddaman
      orgasm. Understanding transcends (in back of) the whole "chase"
      business itself. Orgasms come, orgasms go, spritual experiences
      come, spriitual experiences go - so much the worse for it! :-) Ha-ha!

      Judi

      > It's like when I learned that there's no Santa Claus. I can trace
      the event back to a certain point in chronological time (sneaking
      downstairs one Christmas eve and seeing my parents wrap the
      presents. They talked about they'd make the bike be from Santa...).
      But what was left was not a mental image constantly remembered and
      rehearsed ("There is no Santa, there is no Santa).

      > No, it's more the dissolving of the notion that there *is* a
      Santa. Not having that notion is not an experience....

      > So if you're looking for an experience, then get ready to look for
      the cessation of that experience too!

      > Love,
      >
      > --Greg
      >
      > At 07:38 AM 1/2/03 +0200, Athanor wrote:
      > >Understanding is experiential! How do you understand than, Judi? i
      guess that everyone has experiences... at least everyone alive .. :-)
      and judi, if the ego is not the ground, than what is it? what are you
      standing on?
      > >what's wrong with Sarlo?
      > >mirela
      > >
      > > > understanding is experiential.
      > >
      > > ****** Wrong again! Understanding is non-experiential.
      > > Ever heard the term "non-duality"? Well there you have it.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic