16263Re: pulsating noice when I meditate?

    Jul 5, 2008
      "roninewbaby" <jayron22@...> wrote:
      > I have two things of interest to throw out there.
      > First, when I relax my eyes to an almost squint and daze out I can see
      > what I can best describe as little swirls of light bouncing around. Am
      > I seeing energy?
      > When I get real quiet, usually during meditation, I hear a loud
      > pulsating noice.What is this? Should I focus in on this noice or my
      > breathing?
      Yo roninebaby,
      What you are experiencing is common to those who
      meditate as they become free from the constraints
      of the 5 senses and start to experience the 3rd
      eye and inner ear senses and other "Higher Body"
      sensational sensations. I consider this a "not
      essential for spiritual understanding", but a very
      pleasant, interesting, informative and encouraging
      experience. This is the type thing that makes having
      others to share your experiences with a valuable
      resource. Until you personally find this person or
      group, please know that this is what this forum is
      aimed at providing. I also want to repeat this
      (sort of) "warning" that I think first appeared
      in our newsletter, The Inner Traveler. Enjoy!

      Pleasant Meditation Distraction Traps

      The more you meditate, the more meditation can
      become the most interesting thing you ever and
      never imagined. This is because your mind will
      present incredible things to distract you in its
      effort to remain your master, and you its slave.
      There is a scientific reality and perspective
      that states that we are not what our limited senses
      perceive. For instance, we aren't "really" solid.
      It just seems that way because that's the way our
      eyes work. We are atomic and pre-atomic energy in
      motion. If we had Electron Microscope and Hubbell
      Telescope quality vision, it would be apparent that
      we are infinite in nature and taking part in a
      never-ending interaction with everything everywhere.
      We are not lone drops apart from the ocean, but
      rather a part of the ocean. So, it seems we are hard
      wired, or were wired early in life, to buy into an
      illusionary perception of our environment. Our mind's
      impressions have completely dominated our view of
      who we are, and what reality is. And so, our initial
      attempts at meditation can by quite disappointing,
      and it may seem that all we can do is react in
      habitual fashion, and are unable to achieve a consistent
      focus on what we intend to pay attention to. Initially,
      your mind may be able to distract you by something
      as simple as an itch, a memory, a feeling of happiness,
      etc. But as you get steadier in your meditation,
      and don't react to your sense perceptions, memories,
      emotions, and so on, your mind will loose its grip,
      and reality will present itself. And you will feel,
      see, and know the awe of transcendent in-sight. Often,
      your mind will then try to distract you, and regain
      the mastery over you, by letting you see more and
      more spectacular visions and have more and more
      seemingly evolving understandings. That awareness
      within, that is ever-present, and silently perceives
      all the changes your mind, body, and emotions put
      you through is your inner Witness, and that is your
      Real Self. Your mind's game plan is to keep you in
      a state of "Gee Whiz!!!" and not recognize what is
      ever before you, and that is your oneness with your
      Witness and its oneness with all and everything.
      That Realization comes from Grace and Grace alone.
      It is not a byproduct of meditation, but there may
      be no better way to remove the obstacles that delay
      this awakening than meditation. So, enjoy the inner
      and outer light shows, the unblocked by the limits
      of our ears awesome sounds of the universe, and other
      higher experiences, but don't get caught in the
      "seeking after more and more spectacular versions
      of them" trap. The first two steps in meditation
      are dispassion and discrimination. Seek what is
      eternal, not transitory; the essence, not the
      superficial. This is discrimination. And don't get
      wound up with too much jubilation when you have
      beautiful visions, or disappointment when you don't.
      This is dispassion. Sit in meditation without
      expectation. Simply Witness. When not sitting in
      meditation, witness your life as an ongoing meditation.
      Persevere. The universe and its source and support
      will presently present you with the ultimate present.
      And You will be present. And you will live happily
      ever after.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic