      From: westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@...>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Bhagavad Gita 12
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 11:53 PM

      I cannot take very much credit. The book I am using gives a word for
      word translation from the Sanskrit. The word order takes a little
      getting used to and sometimes the English words that are chosen by the
      author have several definitions and the author sometime uses the more
      obscure definition, so I find I have to use a dictionary some to get
      the real meaning. What I then do is try and relate that word for word
      English translation to my own meditation experience so that I can
      express that translation in a way that is more understandable I hope.
      What I find wonderful about the Gita is here are these words that in
      a condensed kind of way outlines the spiritual experience, like
      lecture notes that a teacher can expand on. Since I meditate myself,
      I feel that I can do the subject some justice, but I sometimes wonder
      if there might be better words than the ones I use.
      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, medit8ionsociety .

      > Yo Westwindwood,
      > This and the previous Gita posting are,
      > as usual, very great pointings. I like
      > the term Guidance (with the capital G) as
      > we often see "Grace" used similarly, but
      > with the term Guidance we also get the
      > concept that a definitive understanding
      > takes place that transcends the mind's usual
      > "it could be like this, or it could be
      > like that" tendency. This allows the "Thy
      > will be done" reality to take us over (and
      > inner) and we then automatically let events
      > of our life proceed as they may without
      > any inner chattering that commonly brings
      > us negativity (takes our peace away). And
      > of course, we all are "Yogi's" in spite of
      > whatever masks cover this true identity.
      > So these wise teaching apply to all of us.
      > Thanks again for sharing.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic