16221Re: Chicago

    May 28, 2008
      "Craig Scheunemann" <the345man@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know of free meditation happening in Chicago?
      Yo Craig,
      I often recommend that people check out
      the Integral Yoga organization. I trust
      this group very much. They were founded
      by one of the world's greatest yoga and
      meditation masters, Swami Satchidananda,
      and my many interactions with them have
      never even hinted at any cult-like stuff
      ....just a sharing of pure wisdom that
      is applicable to everyones "real life"..
      The URL for their teachers is at:

      To further quicken your meditation learning curve,
      I suggest that you check out our web site
      Meditation Station http://www.meditationsociety.com
      and go through the Beginners section, the Archives
      section, and the Concepts of Meditation section.
      You will find all you need to understand what is
      going on, and actual "how-to" instructions. Then,
      pick one or a few techniques to try, and do them.

      But, the best way to learn about meditation
      is not from the Internet, books, CD's, videos,
      or even from live-in-person classes. It is by
      meditating. So, as I mentioned before, I suggest
      going to our site and when one or a few of the
      dozens of techniques shared there draws your
      attention, actually try and do the meditation.

      In any event, I commend your desire to increase
      your meditation knowledge and experience. There
      is no better thing you can do for your Self than
      this. I wish you well.