16130Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re:I Am the Walrus

  • sean tremblay
    Mar 20, 2008
      I read a great anallogy on the subject.  The author compared incarnations to a light bulb, the bulb burns out but the flow of electricity is continual even though the bulb is replaced.

      Sanjiv Sahay <sanjivs77@...> wrote:
      Aideen,

      Thank you. This is a very insightful perspective about life and death.
      I also believe in reincarnation, and it is amazing how that belief changes attitudes towards death. The more you think about it, the more you realize that death is not very significant in the long term as far as the evolution of the Atma (soul) is concerned.
      Regards,

      Sanjiv