16117Be Gentle With You

    Mar 16, 2008
      This was first shared in one of our classes
      in 2002, and a student emailed that she still
      refreshes herself with its message. Perhaps
      it will now be of benefit to you.

      Be Gentle With You

      In our past 2 classes, we did meditations that
      dealt with guilt and forgiveness. As is usual,
      several of the participants actually have
      tried these techniques on their own, and that
      is very good. I have had feedback though that
      sometimes forgiving themselves has been much
      harder to do than forgiving others. This segues
      into another common phase meditators go through,
      and that is that when the light of
      introspection is pointed to the subconscious,
      and the dark negative stuff there is revealed,
      the beginner meditator is often horrified at
      what they see. Or at least embarrassed in front
      of their own eyes. It can be very upsetting when
      you see how foolish/selfish/mean/etc. we
      have been acting and a very common result is a
      negative self image. Please be quick to forgive
      yourself your transgressions/sins/stupidity/etc.
      There is no need to suffer further from your
      negative habits, and you need now only be positive.
      Your karma has and will work itself out as it
      may, but it is squandering good energy after bad to be
      down on yourself, or sad about what you
      have seen. Love yourself. Feel and know that you
      have simply learned a lesson and the most positive
      thing you have learned is to not repeat the negative.
      Sulking/depression/etc. is furthering the problem.
      Be gentle with everyone, starting with yourself.
      You now are purged of all that was wrong and can
      now start to function free of the obstacles that
      your inappropriate actions caused. It is time to live
      happily ever after.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic