      From: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com [mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of sean tremblay
      Sent: March 14, 2008 4:17 AM
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America ] Re: Answers to Unanswerable Questions By Swami Sivananda

      As to the question of Karma and when did it arise?  I like the parable of Adem and Eve.  When they ate of the tree of knowlege of good and evil, they became aware of thier nakedness ect.  Which says to me at that point humanity a a species became "Self aware" from that point they had to leave the "Garden of Eden" a blissfull state of unity, and from that moment on we have had to "Toil" or struggle with Karmic actions and wiegh the "Good" against the "Bad". This struggle causes pain and disapointment.  I do believe that we were brought into a perfect world made crappy by thoughts actions and false perceptions.

      Just my humble take on Stuff.

      Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal. com> wrote:

      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, medit8ionsociety
      <no_reply@.. .> wrote:
      > When and why has God created the world ?
      > Why were we created and put to this miserable and pitiable plight ?
      > How did Avidya (ignorance) arise in us ?
      > When did Karma begin ?
      > How could Avidya (ignorance) or Maya exist in the Supreme Absolute
      Light ?
      > Why did the formless assume forms ?
      > Why is there evil in this world ?
      > Questions like these are Ati-prasna or
      > transcendental queries - for which you
      > will not get an answer even if you rack
      > your brain for million of years. Answers
      > to these questions cannot be understood
      > with your intellect. You can understand
      > it only with your intuition.
      > It involves the understanding of the Ultimate
      > Principle, the Intelligence that is behind
      > and beyond these questions, the Cause of all
      > causes, the Subject of all objects. It cannot
      > be known as object. And, when the subject
      > (Self or Atman) knows Itself, speech and
      > thought cease. The questioner and question
      > vanish in the quest. The doubt disappears in
      > the doubter. In that Supreme Silence, the problem
      > is inexpressibly solved! The riddle is solved;
      > but speech is baffled - and the question remains
      > unanswerable.
      > If a small son questions his father, "Papa, how
      > did you procreate me ?", what answer will Papa
      > give ? He will simply say, "Wait. When you become
      > a man, you will understand this point". This is
      > exactly the case with new aspirants in whom the
      > Light is trying to shine forth. Do not put the
      > cart before the horse. Don't bother about why
      > creation came into being, but try to know the
      > Creator! Take creation for what it is and try to
      > transcend it. This is wisdom. Trying to probe
      > intellectually into the mystery is only buying
      > psychological distress.
      > There is no 'Why ?' in respect of transcendental
      > matters. 'Why ?' is only for worldly things. Reason
      > is finite and frail. God only knows the 'Why ?'.
      > Realize the Atma. Then you will get the answers.
      > Then you will know the origin and nature of EVERYTHING.
      > At the present moment, apply yourself to solid
      > Sadhana (spiritual practices) in earnestness
      > and remove Mala (impurities like lust, greed,
      > hatred, anger, jealousy, etc.), Vikshepa (the
      > tossing of mind) and Avarana (veil of ignorance).
      > Do not enter into vain discussions and arguments
      > on such matters.

      Thanks, Bob. Really enjoyed
      this reminder.

      Checked by AVG.