16105RE: [Meditation Society of America] One of the Most Functional Things Meditation Brings

  • WestWindWood
    Mar 12, 2008
      While meditating, I find I am always in the present bringing up what is me into my consciousness; however, enlightenment found in meditation brings with it the mandate of change to become a better person.  From the wisdom found in enlightenment comes the imperative knowledge of how to change, and change is something in the future to strive for.

      About being a watcher, not participating, that can also be a condition of meditation.  A watcher observes the nature of ones personality surface into consciousness, while not participating just means the intellect does not grab onto the material that is surfacing and try to think it out.  The thing to do is just let what surfaces concentrate into an understandable issue that needs instruction from the enlightened condition, which is the last step in a meditation session.

      Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:
      Yes. That is right. One has to live in the present. Be a watcher of what happens. Do not participate. That is the presence of "NOW".