      > on "Executive Meditation".
      >
      > Harvard study says, "The
      > two most important tools
      > for the 21st century executive
      > are intuition and meditation."
      >
      > WOW!

      And my intuition tells me that Papajeff
      posting the availability of his seminar
      is one of those "right thing at the right
      time" kind of things is further confirmed
      by the todays posting of this article in
      Medical News Today:

      Intuition Is More Than Just A Hunch,
      According To Leeds Research
      Most of us experience 'gut feelings' we can't
      explain, such as instantly loving - or hating
      - a new property when we're househunting or the
      snap judgements we make on meeting new people.
      Now researchers at Leeds say these feelings -
      or intuitions - are real and we should take
      our hunches seriously.

      According to a team led by Professor Gerard
      odgkinson of the Centre for Organisational
      Strategy, Learning and Change at Leeds University
      Business School, intuition is the result of the
      way our brains store, process and retrieve
      information on a subconscious level and so is a
      real psychological phenomenon which needs further
      study to help us harness its potential.

      There are many recorded incidences where intuition
      prevented catastrophes and cases of remarkable
      recoveries when doctors followed their gut feelings.
      Yet science has historically ridiculed the concept
      of intuition, putting it in the same box as
      parapsychology, phrenology and other 'pseudoscientific'
      practices.

      Through analysis of a wide range of research
      papers examining the phenomenon, the researchers
      conclude that intuition is the brain drawing on
      past experiences and external cues to make a
      decision - but one that happens so fast the reaction
      is at a non-conscious level. All we're aware of is
      a general feeling that something is right or wrong.

      "People usually experience true intuition when
      they are under severe time pressure or in a situation
      of information overload or acute danger, where
      conscious analysis of the situation may be difficult
      or impossible," says Prof Hodgkinson.

      He cites the recorded case of a Formula One driver
      who braked sharply when nearing a hairpin bend without
      knowing why - and as a result avoided hitting a pile-up
      of cars on the track ahead, undoubtedly saving his life.

      "The driver couldn't explain why he felt he
      should stop, but the urge was much stronger than
      his desire to win the race," explains Professor
      Hodgkinson. "The driver underwent forensic analysis
      by psychologists afterwards, where he was shown a
      video to mentally relive the event. In hindsight he
      realised that the crowd, which would have normally been
      cheering him on, wasn't looking at him coming up to the
      bend but was looking the other way in a static,
      frozen way. That was the cue. He didn't consciously
      process this, but he knew something was wrong and
      stopped in time."

      Prof Hodgkinson believes that all intuitive
      experiences are based on the instantaneous evaluation
      of such internal and external cues - but does not
      speculate on whether intuitive decisions are
      necessarily the right ones.

      "Humans clearly need both conscious and non-conscious
      thought processes, but it's likely that neither is
      intrinsically 'better' than the other," he says.

      As a Chartered occupational psychologist, Prof
      Hodgkinson is particularly interested in the impact
      of intuition within business, where many executives
      and managers claim to use intuition over deliberate
      analysis when a swift decision is required. "We'd
      like to identify when business people choose to switch
      from one mode to the other and why - and also analyse
      when their decision is the correct one. By
      understanding this phenomenon, we could then help
      organisations to harness and hone intuitive skills
      in their executives and managers."

      Article adapted by Medical News Today from
      original press release.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic