16085[Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

  • Jeff Belyea
    Mar 3, 2008
      Sean -

      While I am not an advocate
      of devotion to any one teacher,
      I do feel that a teacher who
      "appears" on your path with
      teachings that resonate as
      attractive and compelling
      can be valuable.

      A teacher who can speak authentically
      about their own experiences (which
      is the only premise for authenticity
      and the only platform for teaching)
      can inspire the student to believe in,
      expect, and move forward toward
      their greater potential and/or their
      desire for accomplishment - from
      anything from quitting smoking to
      finding peace of mind.

      Meditation, as you wrote, is
      easy and natural, but the mindset
      approaching meditation, and the
      nuances of "techniques" can
      make the difference between
      a quiet time of relaxation and
      the opening of a new door
      of perception.

      Best,

      Jeff

      <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
      we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
      personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
      around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
      personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
      someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
      falls short of my potential.

      > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@...> wrote: Here are
      all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up

      Try it now.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic