16073[Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

  • westwindwood2003
    Feb 28, 2008
      My fate is based on my past karma, my past actions, and that has to
      frame my ongoing experience to live. You could say I do not know
      God's plan and just go with fate, but I do have free will in this
      enfolding life to go with God's suggestions about how I should work
      out karma. In the past I did certain things and that has made me
      what I am, my personality. The situation I am in moment to moment
      comes into awareness with meditation. I can discern what that is and
      get answers on how to proceed if I am enlightened. What I mean by
      enlightened is that at one point in my existence on earth, I had an
      experience of meeting God. If I desire, I can have that experience
      again and again while meditating and get God's wisdom to do the
      actions that I should in order to work out my karma. Actual answers
      come to me that are consistent, hurt no one, are not of my
      personality because I would rather do as my ego wants, and I just
      have to do it to make things better, change my karma. In looking
      back on what led to enlightenment, I believe I was just ready to pick
      up that working on my karma. I almost didn't do follow that path
      that enlightenment facilitates, somehow God recognized that I could
      do the work because I had reached a situation where I knew I needed
      help with an unsatisfactory life of mine. I do not think
      enlightenment would have happened unless I was at the point of giving
      my life over to that direction found in enlightenment.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Hoffman
      <magicalmanhattan@...> wrote:

      > Dear John,
      >
      > What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for
      the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at
      once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust
      does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that
      is why Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey
      God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at
      once, with perfect planning.

      > The individual personality, my own included, takes everything
      that God does, and complains about it.

      > But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems
      terrible.

      > The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will,
      that is written in every man's heart.

      > Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not
      matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

      > And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the
      perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to
      serve God.

      > If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly
      what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what
      you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you
      need.

      > That is what I notice.
      >
      > What do you think.
      > Your Friend,
      > Greg
      >
      > John Balch <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:
      > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
      eventually find out God's intention.